Do you want to become a contributing Author on Rurallivingtoday.com?
If you do, then you’ll be in good company – we have some super-successful posts from guest authors, we’d be happy to consider publishing your post here as well! We cover a broad range of topics on encouraging others who are living–or would like to live–the rural life, tips for gardens, livestock, sustainability & more. We are looking for knowledgeable writers in these areas and other similar related fields. We always LOVE to FEATURE interesting alternative media like infographics, guides, presentations, videos, and more.
Whether you are one of our Featured Authors or post as an occasional guest, we take care of our writers with a custom author bio box in each article making it easy for people to follow you on all of your social media right from one place. Include your LinkedIn page, blog or any profile you’d like along with 1-click subscription options for Facebook, Twitter and Google+ which will greatly increase the chances of building your personal readership across the web!
If this sounds interesting, we have several options for you to contribute to our growing community:
Featured Author – Our Featured Authors look to contribute on average two high quality and original articles a month…potential for additional publishing. If you can commit to this schedule, and your content is original and exclusive to Rural Living Today, than you might just be the right fit to become one of our new Featured Authors.
In addition to the custom author box, you also be listed on our Author Page (giving you more visibility & authority status). If this interests you, follow the directions below, and we’ll get you scheduled on our Editorial Calendar.
Occasional Post – If the light of the being a featured author is too bright or can’t commit the time, you can consider becoming an occasional guest author. You’ll still be expected to produce just as high quality content as our featured writers, just on a less frequent basis.
Do you have a good idea, write high quality helpful content and meet the following criteria?
- It has to be original…if it’s been published anywhere else, we don’t want it…and we will check
- No spun articles…must be original and will be checked
- Relevant to our topic and “Rural Living Today” audience
- ”Meaty” enough to be interesting and useful. It’s difficult to squeeze substance into less than 800-900 words. We prefer posts in the range of 1,200-1,500 words…or more. But, always focus on writing good content, not word count requirements.
- Include at least one internal link to another post on our site
- From an actual author (and not an SEO company)!
If accepted, you should be proud of it, and we expect you to share on your networks (Blog, Websites, Social Media Networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.). We’ll let you know as soon as it’s been scheduled to make sure that you’ll be available to do your part to spread the word.
If you have an idea for a post that you think would fit well, here’s what you should do:
- Send us an email about your idea. Just the idea (not an entire article and not just the title) with a descriptive sentence or two concerning what you want to write about. We will either approve the idea, or suggest changes. If you’re ready to do that now, email your pitch over to Alice at marketing (at) RuralLivingToday (dot) com.
- Please make the subject of your email: POST PITCH: [SUGGESTED TITLE]
- After approval…Write the article in a Word document and email it to us. Feel free to include links in the post – to your personal author stuff, and to our stuff.
- Be ready to make revisions. Understand that we will edit your post, too. It doesn’t matter how good – ALL articles will have an editorial review. It’s nothing personal, just standard procedure on posts.
That’s all there is to it. If you have any questions, or you want to propose a topic idea, go ahead and email marketing (at) RuralLivingToday (dot) com