…Dreaming of moving to the country?
…Tired of the rat race?
…Wishing for a simpler life?
Hello—and welcome to Rural Living Today.
We are an extended family that dreamed for many years of leaving the urban/suburban life.
Finally the time was right and we found an old homestead farm that we now call home.
Perhaps you too have this dream. Or maybe you are just tired of the pace of urban/city life or weary of the rat race and looking to see how you and your family could make a change.
Don’t know where to start?
We can help.
Rural living is entirely different from life in the city or suburb. It isn’t easy to make the change from an urban perspective to one that is so different.
Through Rural Living Today, we are here to encourage, inform, and educate you on facets of rural farm and ranch living. We will help you consider the costs and benefits of making the transition of moving to country life—honestly and objectively.
Here is what we can offer you:
- We’ll share our experiences and those of others to encourage you as you consider a new and different life and the new practical skills that must be developed.
- We’ll tell you about our successes and our failures along our journey.
- We’ll feature “Getting There” stories and interviews with other individuals and families that have made this transition, hearing about their experiences and getting their valuable insight.
- Jim will give you tips on bringing your dreams of a rural life to fruition. With over thirty years’ experience in development and construction, he is available to personally help you with the master planning of your land, home, and outbuildings.
- On our sister site The Homesteader School we’ll provide specific instructions on many practical skills such as caring for cast iron, making sourdough starter, the proper way to cut down a tree, and more.
- At The Homesteader Kitchen we’ll tell you about our favorite kitchen equipment, with comprehensive reviews, tips, recipes, and ideas for cooking and food preservation.
- We’ll continually generate and share new resources to help all of us along the way. We always have several things in the works!
A Note From Jim…
I wish you the very best as you start and progress on your journey to a rural and farm lifestyle, and hope to hear how you are doing! If you have any specific questions about property development or rural building, please email me @ jim AT rurallivingtoday DOT com. I try to answer all emails!