Honda Generator vs Champion Generator vs Yamaha Generator, which is the best 2,000 watt generator? We are taking a look at the small portable 2000 Watt Inverter Portable Generators from Honda, Champion, and Yamaha.
Best Small Quiet Portable Generator
All three of these generators are CARB-compliant, and all three are inverter technology. Generators produce very little noise for generators, with the Honda being the quietest full load with 59 decibels. The Yamaha being the quietest on a ¼ load at 51.5 dB which makes it great for the campground.
Generator Engine Size
The Honda has the largest engine of the three at 98.5 cc; whereas, the Champion and Yamaha have 79 cc engines.
The Yamaha is the lightest weight. Without gasoline and oil, it’s only 44.1 lbs; whereas, the Champion is the heaviest at 48 lbs.
The Yamaha has the longest runtime of the three at 10.5 hours; whereas, the Champion and Honda are around 9.5 hours runtime.
The Champion is the largest of the three at 3.5 cu ft; whereas, the Honda and Yamaha take up much lower room at 2.2 cu ft.
Honda EU2000i 2000 Watt Portable Generator
Taking a closer look at the Honda EU2000i 2000 Watt Portable Generator. It’s the most reliable and lowest maintenance of the three. It’s quiet and fuel efficient. It works as advertised.
- It’s the most expensive initial cost
- It has a narrow fuel opening
- The voltage could drop during higher loads but the motor did not bog down
- It doesn’t have a fuel gauge
Champion 2,000 watt Portable Generator
Extension Cords for Your Generator:
Good: 50 Ft All-Weather Heavy Duty 12/3 Gauge Extension Cord With Lighted Triple Tap Outlets -125 Volts 1875 Watts
Better: 50ft 10 Gauge Heavy Duty Lighted Triple Outlet Extension Cord – 10AWG 125Vac 15Amp 1875Watt
Best: 100 Ft. Heavy-Duty 10/3 Gauge Extension Cord with Lighted End
- QuickWinder RAP-200 Reel for Heavy Duty Electric Cord
- Heavy Duty GFCI Indoor/Outdoor Lighted Triple Outlet Extension Cord
The pros of the Champion 2000 watt generator are it’s the cheapest initial cost.
- It’s the heaviest and the biggest
- It has issues with higher wattage loads, it has a tendency to bog down
- You won’t be able to run as many appliances with Champion; whereas, with the Honda, you could load it right up. It could handle everything.
- No fuel gauge
- No gas or oil drain plug. So you’re going to have to drain the gas through a pump of some sort.
Yamaha EF2000is Portable Generator
We have heard that the Yamaha is by far the top selling of the three, but we could not find any verification of that claim. It is said, that people choose the Yamaha because it has a fuel gauge. It’s CARB-compliant. It works as advertised, usually starts on one pole. It’s quiet and fuel efficient and it’s the most fuel-efficient of the three.
- You want to make sure you complete the warranty card
- Test your Yamaha generator upon purchase. I have heard that some have Yamaha generators did not initially work, but were promptly replaced by Yamaha warranty.
- I found the engine cover hard to remove; whereas, the Honda has an engine cover that’s very easy to remove.
Honda Generator vs Champion Generator vs Yamaha Generator – Which is the Best?
What do you think? Do you have any questions or comments? You could leave those below. And for user reviews and to buy online for best pricing and fast delivery, click on the links below. Honda EM6500S Generator