If you want to help your family, you need to learn to be prepared for survival. Make it your way of life. It is not a mindset you get into when you hear about a storm or hurricane coming, it is a mindset that keeps you alert and prepared 24/7/365! This means you are prepared every day, of every month of every year. That is what it takes to be ready for anything.
These skills are also good for off-grid living. Being ready for survival is not just about hoarding bottles of water and canned food. You need to be ready to protect your family. When disaster strikes, it will come from all corners, through the front door, through the window. You need to be ready to defend your loved ones.
Where to Start?
Supply readiness is the best way to start prepping. It is also easy as you only have to buy food from your local shops every other week. Purchase extra items whenever you go out to buy anything and store them in a cool dry place. Don’t keep them with the items you use every day. Keep them separately, for instance in your basement. But make sure they are off the floor. Following are a few ways on how to do this:
- Build shelves in your basement to keep the extra items safe from flooding.
- Buy extra water, if you usually buy one case, get two. If you buy a packet of pasta, buy two or more. Store them on the shelves you made in your basement.
- Whatever you buy, make a list with the date of purchase and keep the note on the same shelf. This will help if something is near expiry, you can use it and replace with new. If the item is non-perishable then you need not include them.
- Learn basic hand-to-hand combat skills. You never know when someone tries to steal from you or hurt your family.
- Learn to use firearms, everything from how to keep them safe to keeping them clean and in good condition.
- Some will want to learn to hunt and cook wild game. This can come in handy when faced with a serious disaster situation. Running out of stored food will mean you will have to hunt for food.
Document everything you learn on paper. Make a photocopy and keep it separate from the original. Have a disaster backpack ready with basic tools such as:
- LIFESAVER Systems 4000 Ultra Filtration Water Bottle
- Duct Tape
- Emergency weather radio
- First Aid Kit
Having all these items will give you peace of mind knowing that you are ready in case of emergency or for a power outage. Anyone who has faced a natural disaster or social unrest situation can tell you how being prepared can make such experiences so much easier to bear.
When disaster strikes, things vanish from the shelves within hours and if you were among the smart ones then you did what every survivalist does, you didn’t wait until it was too late. Prepping Survival: You prepared your mind and body for survival and planned ahead.
Living Off the Grid Things to Consider can Extraordinary Experience
Make Prepping Survival Your Way of Life to be prepared for survival
Want to do Off-grid Living? Here is How You Can Do it
Planning Food Storage and Survival